by Hien Q. Vu, Esq.
5/11/2010 – Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif. — Eleven mayors and community leaders of Los Angeles Air Force Base’s neighboring cities were inducted as Honorary Commanders April 26 here. Lt. Gen. John “Tom” Sheridan officiated the ceremony, which recognized the importance of the partnership between LAAFB and the South Bay community.
The Honorary Commanders included:
– El Segundo mayor Eric Busch, partnered with the 61st Air Base Wing
– San Pedro mayor Helene Pizzini partnered with the 61st Air Base Wing
– Hawthorne mayor Larry Guidi, partnered with the Launch and Range Systems Wing
– Manhattan Beach mayor Mitch Ward, partnered with the Space Based Infrared Systems Wing
– Rancho Palos Verdes mayor Stefan Wolowicz, partnered with the Space Superiority Systems Wing
– Redondo Beach mayor Mike Gin, partnered with the Global Positioning Systems Wing
– Torrance mayor Frank Scotto, partnered with the Military Satellite Communications Systems Wing
– Hermosa Beach mayor Michael DiVirgilio, partnered with the Satellite Control and Network Systems Group
– Palos Verdes Estates mayor Rosemary Humphrey, partnered with the Defense Meteorological Systems Group
– South Bay Area Chambers of Commerce president George Kivett, partnered with the Space and Missile Systems Center Directorate of Staff
– Inglewood mayor Pro Tem Ralph Franklin, partnered with the Missile Defense Systems Group
Original article here .